Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Grade 2 Occupational Therapist: ABI Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Permanent Part time (25hrs/week*)
- Based at Caulfield
- Part time - 50 hours per fortnight
- Ongoing appointment
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The inpatient rehabilitation program has a focus on working towards person-centred goals in order to maximise participation, quality of life, and independence for people over the age of 18 years with an ABI.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled occupational therapist to provide high quality assessment and management of patients within the inpatient rehabilitation service.
*Part time hours include one weekend shift. There is some flexibility with hours and days worked.
You will have:
- Clinical experience in and knowledge of patient-centred, occupation-based practice for patients with acquired brain injury in an inpatient setting
- Demonstrated skills in both cognitive and physical assessment and intervention, complex seating, equipment prescription, and home modifications.
- Experience in, or awareness of, management approaches for behaviours of concern
- Experience in student and staff supervision
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient-centred, goal-directed framework
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
Enquiries to Danielle Sansonetti (ph: 9076 7423)
Grade 4 Occupational Therapist, Caulfield ABI Rehabilitation Centre
Closing Date: 28th September, 2018 - 11pm
Applications to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.