Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Multiple permanent vacancies - Full time & Part time work available
- Based at The Alfred
- Work with a leading healthcare provider
- Great benefits - including salary packaging
Ward 2 East at The Alfred provides primary nursing care to our often complex and challenging neurosurgery patient population. Within our team we provide full inpatient and outpatient neurosurgical services.
We are committed to providing excellence in neurosurgical care, through quality management, education and training of healthcare professionals and clinical and laboratory research. The Neurosurgery department has developed sub-specialisation in Cerebrovascular Service, Spine Surgery, Skull base surgery, Neurotrauma & Neuro-Oncology.
To succeed in this environment you must have acute nursing experience as well as experience or interest in neuro-nursing specifically. You will also have demonstrated experience working successfully within a hectic environment as part of a team to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients.
As part of this team you will have the great support of an experienced Nurse Manager and leadership team. Our nursing care is provided by clinicians in a team environment that fosters collaboration, communication and interaction.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have surgical nursing experience
- Be a motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a team environment
- Have a current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Be available to work on a rotating roster (morning, afternoon & night duty)
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Noel Sceriha, Nurse Manager, on 9076 3380
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.