Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Clinical Pharmacy Technician, Full Time – Alfred Health Pharmacy
- Senior Pharmacy Technician, Grade 4 + 17% – Aseptic Services & ICU Medication Management Technician
- Full time, permanent position – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital, Sandringham Hospital and Melbourne Sexual Health Clinic
An exciting new position has arisen within the pharmacy technician team that supports the Alfred Pharmacy Services as one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning departments.
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
In co-ordination with the Senior Aseptic Services Pharmacist, this role will manage the aseptic manufacturing service operations within Pharmacy and assisting in the co-ordination of the ICU medication management ward based solutions, in line with the Senior Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have satisfactorily completed (or be eligible to complete) the Pharmacy Technician course Certificate IV approved by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria, or equivalent qualifications.
- Must have completed a Pharmacy Board approved aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing course.
- Certificate IV in assessment and training is desirable.
- Management qualifications desirable.
- Minimum of 3-years post qualification experience in hospital pharmacy.
- Experience supervising or training staff.
- Good command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Accuracy and efficiency in the supply of medications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, initiative and innovation.
- Onsite gymasium
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
For more details on the role please review the attached Position Description.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy at email@example.com
Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered. Applications close at 11pm on Monday 1st Oct 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.