Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part Time/ Full Time positions
- Fixed Term- June 2019
Alfred Health - Allied Health is comprised of ten therapy and science disciplines, employing more than 600 staff working across acute, rehabilitation/aged care, mental health and community/ambulatory care services.
All Allied Health Services are committed to the provision of high quality, evidence-based care, and strongly values professional development and clinical supervision. Clinical service provision is focused on inpatient acute, rehabilitation and aged care streams, and a diverse patient population including emergency, general medicine, surgical, orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns/plastics specialty units.
To assist in meeting increased clinical demands over the Winter months, Alfred Health – Allied Health Services are seeking to appoint suitability qualified and experienced Allied Health Professionals for a range of fixed term and contract roles (weekdays and/or weekends), across our three geographic sites; The Alfred, Sandringham Hospital and Caulfield Hospital.
Opportunities are available for the disciplines of;
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Allied Health Assistant
- Speech Pathology
Key attributes of successful applicants are as follows;
- For registered professions – current & unrestricted AHPRA Registration
- For non-registered professions – eligibility for membership of the relevant professional body
- Solid clinical experience in an acute/subacute inpatient and/or community rehabilitation setting.
- Well-developed understanding of clinical theory/practice and client-centred care.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organisation and self-management skills.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision.
We offer many staff benefits including salary packaging, on-site car parking, discounted private health insurance, gym and library facilities. Located close to public transport and shops.
Please direct any enquiries to Allied Health Administration: Aaron Lentini BH: 90764909
Applications close Monday 27th of August, 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.