Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Alfred Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist with experience in clinical pharmacy and clinical education to join our Workforce and Development Team - this will be a full-time ongoing position.
Working as a member of the Workforce and Development Team, supported by expert senior staff, you will assist in the development and management of core clinical education activities, including the design and implementation of key programs in our department. These programs include our intern, undergraduate, residency and advanced residency programs, as well as key clinical pharmacy credentials. You will also be assigned a part-time clinical pharmacy role, contribute to improving medication management within a multidisciplinary team. You will be supported to conduct practice-based research projects in clinical pharmacy and clinical education.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Experience with clinical education in a hospital or academic setting
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
Qualifications & Experience required
- Registered pharmacist in Australia
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or clinical education highly desirable
- Extensive clinical pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting
- Experience, qualifications or a strong interest in clinical education
Benefits & Assistance Offered
Staff benefits include salary packaging, accrued day off, on site car parking, discounted private health insurance, access to gym and library facilities. Close to public transport and shops.
Please go ahead and APPLY Now
Enquiries to Diana Sandulache, Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development 9076 8036
Closing date 24th August 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.