Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term - End of June 2019
- Full time - 80 hours plus ADO
- Based in Dandenong
- RPN Grade 4 or SW/OT/PSY Grade 3
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference to the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
headspace YEPP is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence based early psychosis services.
Seeking a highly motivated Senior Continuing Care Clinician who wants to make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
This position requires experience in the diagnosis and provision of assessment and interventions with young people with early psychosis/alcohol and other drug issues and their families.
As the first point of contact with the service you will provide initial assessment, triage and follow through on referrals. You will also actively assist young people and their families to access a range of headspace services and support the young person / family to engage with other more suitable programs if headspace isn’t the right fit.
You will also provide leadership to the CCT team as a senior clinician, either formally through clinical supervision or informally through mentoring of less experienced clinicians.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children Check
- Appropriate work visa
- Relevant professional registration or membership
- Post graduate qualifications (desired)
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role please contact Paul Bennetts (Team Leader) on ph: 0427 169 615
Applications close by 11pm AEST on Monday 23rd July 2018.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.