Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service - Community Team
Clinical Neuropsychologist (Grade 3 or 2) (40 hrs/fortnight)
Maternity leave cover position – fixed term, part time
Location: Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled clinical neuropsychologist to provide high quality assessment and management of community based ABI clients primarily in the areas of cognition and behaviour. Clinical input is also provided to families/carers as required to support the rehabilitation process. The neuropsychologist will be expected to contribute to quality improvement and research activities within the ABI Unit. This position will suit a clinician who thrives within an inter-disciplinary team.
You will have:
- Demonstrated skills in assessment and management of cognition and behaviour.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the application of Neuropsychology in the context of behavioural management, counselling and psycho-education of clients with acquired brain injury.
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient centred, goal directed framework.
- Evidence of previous involvement in development and implementation of research and quality improvement activities.
- Previous experience supervising students and junior staff is preferred.
- Previous professional experience in a community setting is preferred.
- An approved degree with a major in psychology and post graduate qualifications (Masters or Doctorate) in Neuropsychology.
- AHPRA Registration as a Psychologist is required.
- AHPRA endorsement as a Clinical Neuropsychologist is strongly preferred. Applicants with eligibility and willingness to participate in a registrar training program leading to endorsement may be considered.
The ABI Rehabilitation Service provides psychologists with access to regular clinical supervision and opportunities for continued professional development. The successful applicant will join a dedicated and supportive team of clinicians.
Enquiries: Luke Delaney, Principal Clinical Neuropsychologist, ABI Rehabilitation Service or Michelle Farquhar, Manager ABI Community Rehabilitation Service on 9076 7423
Closing Date: Midnight, Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Applications to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.