Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist in growing specialist area
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Ongoing position
- Grade 3 or 4 depending on experience and qualifications
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
Alfred Health are seeking a leading practitioner with a track record in critical care pharmacy to lead and develop clinical services, research and education.
Leading a team of ICU pharmacists providing a comprehensive clinical service to a 44 bed major trauma, transplant and ECMO centre, you will have the opportunity to expand your research career, develop innovative pharmacist-led programs and train the next generation of critical care pharmacists.
This is a full-time ongoing position based in one of Australia's leading departments with a focus on best-practice clinical pharmacy, leading innovative programs, research and education.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and make complex decisions.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer and patient focus
- Leadership within the department, within the ICU and nationally across the profession
- Peer-reviewed research publications
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clinical pharmacy experience in a major teaching hospital in intensive care
- Credential at, or practice portfolio demonstrating practice equivalent to, Stage 2 or 3 Advancing Practice
- Postgraduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy or a relevant field
As Senior Pharmacist you will be a part of a dynamic team which work in one of Australian's leading clinical pharmacies.
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close Tuesday the 31st of July, 2018
For a confidential discussion please contact Erica Tong, Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.