Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE AND FAMILIES.
Join our headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) and work with the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (MATT) as a Case Manager
- Full time - 80 hours plus ADO
- 7 days a week rotating roster
- Based in Bentleigh with travel between sites and frequent outreach
- Fixed term until 30th June 2019
- Registered Psych Nurse Grade 3, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist Grade 2
- Great learning experience in an innovative environment
- Great Staff Benefits
hYEPP is one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence based early psychosis services. hYEPP delivers mental health services using Open Dialogue and Client Directed Outcome Informed approach that is truly recovery focussed.
We are seeking a highly motivated MATT Clinician who wants to make a difference and help create a new types of services with young people and their families.
In this role you will play an important role in providing case management to young people with early psychosis. You will provide clinical assessment, intervention, and therapy to young people presenting with or at risk of developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing outreach to young people and their families working across a 7 day a week rotating roster. Staff will work in close collaboration with the wider Alfred CYMHS, the headspace services and other community services to ensure co-ordinated transitions and integration of services across the system of care.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant professional registration or membership as a psychiatric nurse (RPN3), social worker (SW2), occupational therapist (OT2) or psychologist (P2)
- High level of interpersonal skills and skills in engagement of young people and their families
- Knowledge of principles and applications of the Mental Health Act (2014)
- Extensive skills and experience in assessment of adolescents and adults
- Competence in the provision of a full range of mental health services
- A Working with Children Check is required for all headspace positions.
- Post graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Additional allowances and additional annual leave allowances for working shift work
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in the headspace Discovery College
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Miranda Muller on 0418 687 811
Closing date: Thursday 28th June 2018 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.