Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-term - Until June 2019
- Part-time - 48 hours per fortnight
- Based in South Yarra
About us -
Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Waiora Clinic in Armadale, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, PARC at Nicholson St, Sth Yarra and the Child & Youth Service located in Moorabbin as well as Headspace youth services based at Elsternwick, Bentleigh, Frankston, Dandenong and Narre Warren. Aged Psychiatry is located at Caulfield campus of Alfred Health.
What you'll be doing -
This newly developed position will be based in the Adult community program and will work out of our two main community sites Waiora Clinic and St Kilda Road Clinic. The role is to provide peer support to carers and families that have a relative or friend receiving treatment form Alfred psychiatry’s community programs. The position will work in partnership with the carer consultant and treating teams ensuring the unique needs of families are understood and that families are supported during the treatment planning processes.
About you -
To be successful in this role, you will -
- A personal lived experience of being consumer whom has used the public mental health system
- Knowledge of mental health issues and an understanding of the impact on consumers their families and carers
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of peer support and the ability to utilise own experience constructively for the benefit of others.
What are the benefits?
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Kennedy on 03 9076 4700
Applications close on Monday 16th of July 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.