Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full time 80 hours/fortnight
- Ongoing role
- Caulfield Hospital
- Allied Health Professional Grade 2 or Nursing equivalent
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse or allied health clinician to join the Alfred Health Transition Care Program Case Management team. In conjunction with interdisciplinary teams, our aim is to improve the lives and outcomes for older Victorians. The Alfred Health Transition Care Program is a goal orientated, time-limited program and consists of 88 Commonwealth and State jointly funded places which are divided between residential and community-based programs. The unit reports to the Rehabilitation and Aged Care Program stream at Caulfield Hospital.
You will be responsible to ensure the client is your main focus with attributes such as respect, support and compassion being as important as knowledge, skills and wisdom. Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills are vital for the service coordination of your clients with diverse needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To complete detailed and individual assessment and care planning for eligible older clients.
• To adopt processes and plan service provision that focuses on clients’ abilities, lifestyles and interests.
• To provide a period of intense service provision and/or therapy within their own home, or in an aged care facility, reducing the level of input during the period of up to 12 weeks on the program thereby enabling discharge to other community supports, or to an aged care facility at the optimal level of functioning.
• To provide practical and emotional case management support to client and/or carer, allowing decisions regarding the clients’ future to be made in an informed manner.
• To ensure that clinical practice meets the standards required under the Aged Care Act and National Transition Care Program guidelines.
For further enquiries please contact Janelle Russell, Alfred Health Transition Care Service Coordinator, 9076 6725 or via email J.Russell@alfred.org.au
Applications close at 11pm on Wednesday 20th of June 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.