Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term ( Parental leave ) contract
- Part-time - 3 days a week
- Portfolio-based HR service
Join our dynamic and professional HR team in this consulting role, providing high-quality services and expert advice on HR matters to support the organisational and strategic needs of Alfred Health and its 9,000 employees. The HR and Staff Welfare Department has responsibility for providing consulting, leadership development and advice services to executives and teams across Alfred Health.
In this exciting role, you will assist with a variety of HR matters, managing a portfolio of departments including project work and complex cases, and support the Employee Relations team regarding escalation whilst providing a high-level client service.
This is a part-time position to work within the HR Consultancy team looking after a major clinical and other portfolios. You will draw on your expertise to develop systems and processes ensuring strategy is successfully implemented. You will also have an opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of the Department.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive and demonstrated relevant experience including a sound knowledge of contemporary HR practices and a commitment to high level client service provision. A proven ability to show initiative in the performance of duties, including identification of issues, attention to detail and recommending flexible solutions will be highly regarded.
This position provides an experienced HR professional with opportunities to:
- Develop a comprehensive approach to performance management Experience in using HRIS is highly regarded, particularly Success Factors, Mercury and SAP.
- Provide consulting advice and interventions to support managers and teams.
- Award interpretation.
- Some transactional HR activities.
- Apply relationship management skills including the ability to engage managers and directors to build collaborative relationships and change management skills, to strategically and innovatively think.
- Facilitate at Manager Level - receiving briefings, offer advice and facilitate development to ensure alignment.
- Ensure well-developed communication skills are being used, being able to successfully engage at all levels; Able to write logical and articulate content.
- Utilise their high-level presentation and facilitation skills.
A background working in health is preferred or proven experience in a similarly complex environment.
For a confidential discussion or to make inquiries, please contact Sean Curtain, Director HR Services & Staff Welfare on (03) 9076 2397
Applications close 11pm 22nd August 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.