Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
New Graduate Dietitian Position
Grade 1 Dietitian Full Time 12 Months Fixed Term
The Nutrition department provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. The Department has had a long and valued relationship within the Alfred, with the first ever dietitian in Victoria being appointed at The Alfred in 1930.
Nutrition department aims to provide nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and recovery. Services are delivered at in/out patient and outreach settings.
The Nutrition Department is seeking a new graduate dietitian to join a busy clinical department. The Alfred Nutrition Department offers nutrition services across The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital campuses, providing a full range of clinical services, including specialist services such as nutrition support for both intensive care and chronic care patients. The department has innovative nutrition education and quality assurance programs.
- The successful applicant would have recently graduated in dietetics and be eligible for membership of DAA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community services that can provide the best outcomes to patients
- Knowledge of nutrition education materials and nutritional education theory
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Car Parking
Enquires: Hilda Griffin, Acting Manager Nutrition Services
Phone: 9076 3063
Applications close Monday the 21st of May, 2018
To submit an application for a New Graduate position, please provide the following:
• A Letter of application, briefly addressing key capabilities, and including your Nutrition interests and expectations of New Graduate Program. Please limit letter of application to two pages.
• Curriculum Vitae including academic results for third and fourth years of your training program. Please limit CV to three pages
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.