Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Patient Care Attendant, ABI Transitional Living Service
- Part time
- Shifts include: 7-10am, 6–11pm; 10.45pm – 7.15am (sleepover)
- Availability to work across weekdays, weekends and public holidays is required
About the Transitional Living Service
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The Transitional Living Service (TLS) is a purpose built facility to provide suitable people with an ABI aged over 18 years with the continuation of rehabilitation in a homelike environment. The rehabilitation program will be a more extensive transition period with a focus on development of domestic and community living skills to facilitate a return to community living.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Patient Care Attendant to provide high quality care to residents within the TLS ABI Service. You will perform a range of duties include supporting and assisting residents with maximising daily living skills.
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- Experience in assisting patients with activities of daily living
- Experience working with clients who have an acquired brain injury
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a client-centred, goal directed framework
- Salary Packaging
- Alfred Health's ABI Service provides you with access to clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team
- On site car parking
- On site Gym
- Access to library facilities
Enquiries: Nicolas Saunders, Registered Nurse, Ph. 9076 7423 / 0409 684 318
Closing date: 10th June, 2018
For more information about this position please refer to the position description
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.