- Job no: 13084
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Allied Health Assistant - Grade 1 or 2
- Work with the Occupational Therapy team
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Based at The Alfred
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled allied health assistant to provide high-quality support of patients within the Inpatient Psychiatry Unit. In this role you will work within a strong multidisciplinary team assisting the Occupational Therapists in carrying out interventions with patients on the inpatient psychiatry wards which will include the organisation and facilitation of psycho-therapeutic and activity based groups on the ward.
The successful candidate will bring a collaborative, flexible, and patient centred approach to the role and scope influence and shape inpatient program activity.
The overall objective of the position is to provide therapy support services to individuals and groups as directed by the Allied Health Professional/s with which you are working.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate IV or higher qualification as an Allied Health Assistant or other relevant health-related qualification
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Experience in providing therapy support services to individuals and groups as directed by the Allied Health Professional/s
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high-quality rehabilitation within a patient centred, goal-directed framework
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Noreen Quinn on 03 9076 8987
Applications close Monday 30th of April at 11pm and must be submitted electronically to be considered
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 17 Apr 2018, 6:51 AM