- Job no: 12845
- Categories: Nurse, Clinical
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term (Maternity Leave) - until June 2019
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5
- Based at The Alfred
In this role, you will work with our Emergency Psychiatry Service within the Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre.(E&TC).
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team to provide consultation to E&TC clinicians. In addition, you will provide expert assessment, care planning and linkages for patients presenting to the department with either a primary AOD problem or as a co-morbidity.
You will build capacity within the E&TC staff group as well as the Emergency Psychiatry staff and provide advice on the safe management of challenging behaviours.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE -
- Registration with the AHPRA with Tertiary qualifications in mental health nursing – postgraduate diploma a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience including having worked within a community mental health and/or within Alcohol and Other Drug settings
- Drug and Alcohol relevant tertiary qualification or working towards
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- On-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Kathryn Henderson on 9076 2773 or 0418 889 321
Applications close Tuesday 1st of May 2018 at 11pm. Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closes in 5 days - 30 Apr 2018
- Published on 17 Apr 2018, 10:11 PM