- Job no: 12822
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Allied Health Assistant- Grade 2
- Social Work/Cancer and Medical Specialities Team
- Full Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Ongoing appointment
- Based at The Alfred
In this role, you will work as part of a motivated team where responsibilities include the organisation and communication of a range of administrative and patient related activities. You will work closely with the interdisciplinary team to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified therapeutic and discharge goals. These patient-related opportunities include working in a support role with patients and families to complete applications for services and benefits, sourcing practical advice and support to patients and families and work to the direction of Social Workers within the team. You may also be required to assist with the Social Work Reception service.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate IV or higher qualification as an Allied Health Assistant or other relevant health-related qualification
- An understanding of the hospital setting is desirable for this role as is an understanding of Centrelink, MyAgedCare and VPTAS processes
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site Gymnasium
- On-site Car Park
- On-site Child Care Centre
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Devereaux de Silva 9076 3026 for any enquiries.
Applications close Tuesday 24th of April at 11pm and must be submitted electronically to be considered
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 17 Apr 2018, 9:42 PM