- Job no: 12645
- Categories: Nurse, Education
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- We are seeking a Clinical Support and Development Nurse to join our expanding Operating Suite!
- Experience in Admissions, Perioperative, Perianaesthetic, and/or Recovery nursing is required - multi-skilled individuals are ideal for this fluid department
- Monday-Friday shifts – no oncall, no night shift!
- Part Time- 56 hours per fortnight
- Based at The Alfred Centre
Are you a motivated and experienced admissions, perioperative, perianaesthetic, and/or recovery nurse looking to be part of a friendly and dynamic operating suite team? You will be joining a passionate and enthusiastic leadership team undergoing significant change in patient-centred practices, flow and management structure, and will be offered great support in this varied and fast paced unit.
The Alfred Centre Operating Suite consists of Admissions, 6 theatres and 3 procedure rooms, and a staged Recovery area. Patients undergo procedures from a variety of specialties in general and specialist surgery, including Urology, Breast and Endocrine, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Ear Nose and Throat, Plastics, Vascular, Endoscopy and Bronchoscopy. To be successful for the position you will need to demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven people and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as working with others
- Current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Experience within a large acute hospital is highly desirable.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
Enquiries: Mei Romary, Nurse Manager, on 0447 382 018
Applications close Friday 20 April 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 06 Apr 2018, 5:03 AM