- Job no: 12386
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent role
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Physiotherapist Grade 2
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The inpatient rehabilitation program has a focus on working towards person-centred goals in order to maximise participation, quality of life, and independence for people over the age of 18 years with an ABI.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled physiotherapist to provide high quality assessment and management of patients within the inpatient rehabilitation service.
You will have:
- Significant clinical experience in and knowledge of patient-centred, physiotherapy practice for patients with acquired brain injury in an inpatient setting
- Demonstrated skills in physical assessment and intervention, complex seating and equipment prescription.
- Experience in or awareness of management approaches for behaviours of concern
- Experience in student and staff supervision
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient-centred, goal-directed framework
- A Bachelor degree, Masters degree or Doctorate in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Current registration as a Physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Victorian Drivers Licence
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
For further information, please download the attached position description
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter
Please direct further queries to Fiona Bahr or Cristie Windfeld-Lund, Senior Physiotherapists, Caulfield ABI Rehabilitation Centre, Ph. 9076 7423
To be considered applications must be submitted electronically by the 29th of April 2018 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closes in 3 days - 28 Apr 2018
- Published on 17 Apr 2018, 5:11 AM