- Job no: 12257
- Categories: Management and Executive, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Cutting edge clinical research
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Full time
- 12 month contract
In this newly created role, you will ensure the smooth operations of the Division including;
- managing activities of the research team
- supporting the development of new business opportunities
- coordinating the development of new research and training programs
- managing communication strategy
- Promoting the division and the Centre.
In addition to the managerial activities, you will also participate in some clinical trial co-ordination activities.
Your role will hold the core responsibility for the resource and operational management across a portfolio of units within the Division which includes;
- Project management
- Human resources
- General infrastructure oversight
Providing end to end support across the division’s operational and business requirements. The position functions with a high degree of autonomy and self-direction in a dynamic and complex environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an exciting and topical area of research.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in high-level operational planning within a research or related context
- Experience in, and knowledge of the research/academic environment in Australia.
- Sound understanding of financial processes including budgeting and financial reporting
- The ability to think strategically and devise practical solutions to complex issues
- Experience in financial planning and budget management
- Experience in manage research projects, including clinical trial co-ordination
- Successful supervision of research staff, and students
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Associate Professor Kate Hoy on Kate.Hoy@monash.edu
Applications close Wednesday 25th of April 2018 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed a day ago - 24 Apr 2018
- Published on 18 Apr 2018, 11:50 PM