Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Trials (Grade 3)
- Full time, 2 years
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible.Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician is an integral member of the Clinical Trials team. They are responsible for providing support within the Clinical Trials Service in managing the day to day operations associated with clinical trials.
Skills & Attributes
· Ability to manage own workload.
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff at all levels.
· Ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
· Ability to use own initiative appropriately.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, written, and by presentation.
· Effective listening skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Flexible and adaptable to service need.
· Ability to liaise and effectively collaborate with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff.
· Leadership and commitment to service development.
· Commitment to patient care.
· Customer focused.
· Courtesy, reliability and thoroughness.
· Motivated and enthusiastic.
· Commitment to continuing education and professional development.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications and Experience
· Certificate IV Pharmacy Technicians Course OR equivalent recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification including Relevant post-graduate qualification.
· Evidence of continued learning and study beyond those standards achieved for Pharmacy Technicians course.
· Minimum of 3 years full time post qualification experience in hospital pharmacy.
· IT literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, or equivalent.
· Proven high quality in dispensing prescriptions.
· Previous hospital pharmacy experience in manufacturing and aseptic preparation strongly desired.
· Previous Clinical Trials experience is desired, but not essential.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered. Applications close Friday 25th of May 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.