- Job no: 12149
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term - Until June 2019
- Part time role
- Applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Lived experience of caring for a child with mental health challenges
- Work over multiple sites
The headspace YEPP program was established in the south east of Melbourne. We are seeking to appoint a family peer support worker to this program to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to bring their unique insight into mental health challenges and what makes recovery possible. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential and recovery.
We offer a well-supported, multi-disciplinary team and seek someone for this role who is capable of developing authentic, mutual peer-to-peer relationships with service users.
This position will be based at Narre Warren and with some travel required between the main hub at Bentleigh.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Jacinta Kuklych on 90769400
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged
- Closed 2 days ago - 23 Apr 2018
- Published on 09 Apr 2018, 11:50 PM