Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part-time - 64 hours per fortnight
- Job share arrangement will be considered
- Ongoing Appointment
- Based at The Alfred
The Vascular Laboratory provides non-invasive diagnostic ultrasound services to both inpatients and outpatients of The Alfred Hospital. The department provides services to a number of clinical units throughout the Hospital and forms part of the Vascular Surgery department. The department is staffed by qualified Vascular Sonographers, Student Vascular Sonographers and Trainee Vascular Sonographers.
The Vascular Laboratory at The Alfred Hospital is a dedicated Vascular Sonography service providing diagnostic ultrasound services to both inpatients and outpatients. The Lab provides a service to multiple clinical units across the organisation and is aligned to the Vascular Surgery Unit.
The department performs approximately 6000 vascular ultrasound scans per year evenly split between inpatient and outpatient scans. All forms of vascular ultrasound are performed including cerebrovascular, upper and lower limb arterial, upper and lower limb venous, abdominal and miscellaneous studies.
The service operates an on-call roster for evening and weekend work which this position will be expected to participate in.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current registration with the appropriate professional body (AHPRA)
- Full accreditation with the Australasian Sonographers Accreditation Registry (ASAR)
- Diploma in Medical Ultrasound (Vascular) or equivalent vascular specific postgraduate qualification
- Experience of supervising, mentoring and training junior staff will be an advantage.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Emma Demir on 03 9076 0221
Applications close Tuesday 5th of June, 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.