- Job no: 11995
- Categories: Nurse, Clinical
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent role
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Based at The Alfred
- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Grade 6 (NP61)
We are seeking a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to work within CATT in Emergency Psychiatry. This crucial role provides expert assessment and care planning for patients in acute psychiatric crisis referred to CATT. Clients are managed in the least restrictive manner including short term management in the home environment. You will work with the multidisciplinary team and in conjunction with the consultant psychiatrist and psychiatric registrar. As a senior clinician with an expanded scope of practice, you will provide clinical leadership, assessment, determine disposition, prescribe medications, order investigations and make referrals to other services as indicated.
- The incumbent will work a roster of morning and evening shifts Monday – Friday, opposite the Psychiatric Registrar
- MH NP Candidates may be considered
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration and approved Masters Qualification with Therapeutic Medication Management Unit
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- Higher degree in a relevant field or working towards highly regarded
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Kathryn Henderson on on 9076 2773 or 0418 889 321
Applications close Wednesday 18th of April 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 8 days ago - 17 Apr 2018
- Published on 04 Apr 2018, 12:47 AM