Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Respiratory Services
- Full-time appointment
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist Respiratory is responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Alfred Health Cystic Fibrosis Service, Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology Service and General Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Service. The role will also work in conjunction with and contribute to the Adult and Paediatric Lung Transplantation Service.
Working within the inpatient and outpatient multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medical outcomes for individual patients. You will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through practice-based research and service improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern and rotational clinical pharmacists.
Skills and Experience
· Excellent clinical skills and knowledge with a relevant clinical post-graduate qualification.
· Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to Respiratory patients with expertise in at least one specialist area of cystic fibrosis, asthma, pulmonary hypertension or general respiratory
· Experience in lung transplantation is desirable but not essential
· Experience working with paediatric or adolescent patients or patients transitioning from paediatric to adult services is highly desirable
· A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
· Salary Packaging
· Discount health insurance
· Child Care
· Onsite gym
Please direct further queries to Steve Ivulich on 03 9076 2000 – pg 4159
Applications close Friday 26th October, 2018 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.