- Job no: 11625
- Categories: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part Time
- 60 hours a fortnight
The role is based over two departments. Allied Health and Appliance Centre.
Alfred Health - Allied Health is comprised of ten therapy and science disciplines, employing more than xxxx staff working across acute, rehabilitation/aged care, mental health and community/ambulatory care services.
The Allied Health Program operates a centralised Appliance Centre model across Alfred Health, with sites based at The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified, Administrative Worker (HS1a) to join our Appliance Centre administrative team, operating across the Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals.
The Appliance Centre is tasked with the supply and management of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy aids/equipment items to facilitate ‘safe and effective’ patient discharge. In collaboration with the Appliance Centre - Administrative Team Lead, the successful applicant will oversee the operation of internal hire/sale equipment pools and external hire expenditure. This includes physical management of equipment stock and storeroom areas, maintenance of computerised inventory management systems, and routine data and financial reporting. Key attributes of the successful applicant are as follows;
- Previous experience working within an equivalent administrative role (preferably within a healthcare setting).
- Advanced computer skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well within a team environment and relate to professional staff, patients/clients and their families.
- Sound organisation, planning, time management and priority setting skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
We offer many staff benefits including:
- salary packaging,
- on-site car parking,
- discounted private health insurance,
- gym and library facilities
- Child care
- Located close to public transport and shops.
Please direct any enquiries to Sharon Downie (OT Manager – Caulfield Hospital) BH: 9076 6226 or Mobile: 0417 335 312.
For further information on the role and key selection criteria, please view the attached position description.
Applications close Monday the 19th of March, 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 05 Mar 2018, 6:03 AM