- Job no: 11444
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Perioperative Medicine
An exciting new opportunity to lead clinical pharmacy services to the Operating Theatres, Pre-admission Clinic, General Anaesthetic Allergy Clinic, elective short stay surgical wards and the Acute Pain Service across Alfred Health in one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning Pharmacy departments.
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Perioperative Medicine
- Permanent fulltime contract
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
Leading clinical pharmacy services for patients requiring perioperative care under our internationally renowned Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine department, Acute Pain Service and Surgical units. You will work collaboratively with pharmacists in Surgical Specialties and Trauma Services. In conjunction with, and in the absence of, the Lead Pharmacist - Analgesic Stewardship, the post holder will also be responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services to the Analgesic Stewardship program within Alfred Health.
Working within the inpatient and outpatient multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medication outcomes for individual patients. You will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through practice-based research and service improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern and rotational clinical pharmacists.
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge with a relevant clinical post-graduate qualification.
- Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to surgical services, operating ttheaters, anesthetics, pain and/or critical care
- Patient-centred approach to care
- A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to priorities, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite care park
- Child Care
- Onsite gym
Applications close on 23rd March 2018
Enquiries to: Thuy Bui on 03 9076 5267 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Daniel Guidone on 03 9076 5783
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 28 Feb 2018, 5:14 AM