- Job no: 11092
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Located at The Alfred
- Full time ongoing
- Great staff benefits including generous salary packaging
A position exists for a Scientist in our Cellular Therapy Unit within the Malignant Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Service (MH&SCTS) at the Alfred Hospital.
The Cellular Therapy Unit processes, stores, releases and transports haemopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) for bone marrow transplant in patients with haematological and metabolic diseases.
You will perform basic procedures on blood and marrow products; assist in bone marrow collection in theatre as needed; perform QC and proficiency testing procedures and maintain processing records; recognise, monitor and evaluate technical, instrumental and physical conditions and problems; assist in filling and maintenance of liquid nitrogen storage tanks; prepare samples for clinical trials and assist with sample preparation for recipient/donor chimaerism analysis on allogeneic haemopoietic stem cell transplant patients.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Laboratory Science) or Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of ISO15189 and it's application to medical testing is highly desirable
- Background in Haematology, Transfusion Science or Cell Therapy and Stem Cell processing is highly desirable
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
For any further enquiries please contact Michael Swain ph. 9076 3572
Ad closing Sunday 22 April 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 4 days ago - 21 Apr 2018
- Published on 09 Apr 2018, 2:00 AM