Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- RPN5 (Candidate) or RPN6 (Endorsed Nurse Practitioner)
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight with ADO
- Based at St Kilda Road Clinic
- Ongoing appointment
Alfred Community Psychiatry is committed to improving the physical health of clients with chronic physical health conditions by improving the coordination of physical health care and in promotingservice wide interventions beyond the assessment and screening phase.
This has led to the development of this new specialist Nurse Practitioner (candidate) role, aimed at improving the physical health outcomes of clients by promoting; health screening, assessment, treatment, care coordination, capacity building and linkage to primary and acute health care.
We are seeking an experience Mental Health Nurse who is passionate about improving the physical health outcomes of people with serious mental illness, and who is either a Nurse Practitioner or committed to undertaking the Advanced Practice (Nurse Practitioner) Masters. Alfred Psychiatry has experience in developing Nurse Practritioner roles, and the person in this position will be well supported within a clinical supervision and scope of practice framework.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant speciality
- Current endorsement by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Nurse Practitioner, having completed a Masters of Nurse Practitioner OR Currently completing a relevant masters qualification and seeking a candidacy within the specialities of mental health and primary care
- Relevant experience in clinical assessment and treatment in the areas of psychiatry and chronic disease management
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role please contact Susanne Birks on 03 9076 9888
Applications close 20th August 2018
Due to additional funding, a range of exciting opportunities exist for passionate mental health clinicians to join our service. Please visit our careers page for other opportunities within our service https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/careers
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.