- Job no: 11022
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part time
- Fixed term until March 2020
- Great staff benefits including salary packaging
Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
This fixed term position has been established to assist consumers to have a voice in their own treatment and care through advocating for advance care planning and promoting collaborative decision making.
A priority for the role is to support clients of the service to engage in their own treatment, ensuring the unique needs of consumers are understood and embedded into treatment plans.
The continuation of the position will be dependent on continued funding. Activity and outcomes relating to the services provided will form future opportunities and positions for consumer peer work across Alfred Psychiatry.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to support orientation programs for carers and staff and to contribute to staff training and education
- Demonstrated experience in working from a carer perspective (experience working in a carer peer support role within an area mental health service would be highly regarded)
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Health and wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- On-site gym
For further inquiries regarding the position contact Fiona Whitecross on 03 9076 4778
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 4 days ago - 21 Apr 2018
- Published on 11 Apr 2018, 12:29 AM