Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Occupational Therapist Grade 2
Casual Pool Ongoing
The Alfred Occupational Therapy service operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals. Occupational Therapy activity is aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets. The Occupational Therapy service is committed to the teaching and ongoing professional education of staff and students, research and quality improvement activities. All occupational therapy staff must meet the profession’s competency-based minimum standards of practice at all times.
The Grade 2 Occupational Therapist will have a key role in providing and ensuring excellent person centred patient care, effective communication, participation in the organisation and development of staff, (including teaching and supervision), and the Occupational Therapy program. This position is part of the grade 2 rotations through Alfred Health.An exciting opportunity exists for flexible, enthusiastic and suitably qualified Grade Two Occupational Therapists to work at Alfred Health in a casual capacity both for weekend and weekday work. The areas of work include emergency, general medicine, burns and trauma, neurosciences, rehabilitation, aged care and acquired brain injury.The successful applicants will be responsible for clinical service provision within the allocated stream, in the Alfred Health occupational therapy service and units, and supervision of students as required.
- Consistently exceeds base performance requirements for the position and uses initiative to work smarter
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, professional appearance and manner
- Both responsive and proactive in meeting and anticipating customer needs and in providing high quality service
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and seek advice and assistance when required/appropriate
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Effective planning, problem solving, organisation and prioritisation skills
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or recognised equivalent
- Eligible for membership of Occupational Therapy Australia
- Registered to Practice with AHPRA
- Experience in research and measuring outcomes of occupational therapy services
- Experience in clinical area relevant to the position
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- A current unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children check DESIRABLE
- Minimum four years’ clinical experience and minimum two-year involvement with student supervision
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
For further queries please contact Sarah Bright on 0408 484 099
Applications close on Sunday, 20 September 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.