- Job no: 10580
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Clinical Pharmacist (Grade 2)
- Multiple roles available - Full time, Part time and Casual
- Full-time and Part-time applications encouraged to apply
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated pharmacists with experience in clinical pharmacy in a hospital setting to join our clinical pharmacy team. You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the best medication management outcomes for individual patients. You will contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to practice based research projects and service and practice improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern pharmacists.
- 1 x Full time until March 2019
- 1 x Full time until September 2018
- 1 x Part time until September 2018 (45.6 hours)
- Multiple ongoing roles available
To succeed as a Clinical Pharmacist at Alfred Health you need to demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills, knowledge, judgement and reasoning
- Experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services in a hospital
- A patient-centred approach to care
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Commitment to developing as a clinician through post-graduate study
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered pharmacist in Victoria
- Relevant post-graduate qualification highly desirable
- Relevant credential in Pharmacotherapy or specialised area of therapeutics highly desirable
- Relevant working visa/working rights
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, Apply Now!
For a confidential discussion please contact Daniel Guidone, Deputy Director of Pharmacy on +61 3 9076 5783 or email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 13 Apr 2018, 6:46 AM