- Job no: 10443
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term 12 months
- Part time 64 hours per fortnight
- Alfred Health Carer Services
Carer Services is a carer support, respite and information service which began in 1997, incorporating a framework of services funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Department of Social Services, and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. Carer Services provides carer support, respite services, links to the service system, service development and community information. Programs of the service are designed to support carers accessing the aged, disability and mental health service sectors. Carer Services operates from various sites across the southern region – Caulfield Hospital, Dandenong and Frankston. For more information, visit www.carersouth.org.au.
We have an exciting opportunity to join an energetic and committed team. You will be required to plan and deliver individual and group support and activities/events for carers, particularly Primary and Secondary school aged.
You will also have a focus on continuous improvement and tailoring service delivery to the diverse community, and an ability to provide information and support on telephone and face to face in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of education system,
- Knowledge of referral pathways for young people and families,
- Ability to perform assessments and case planning
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- experience working with child safety and protection, family violence and young people specific service.
A flexible approach to working outside normal working hours, which may involve responding to the needs of carers or the organisation for family meetings, educational activities, carer retreats and promotional events.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health insurance
- Onsite car parking
- Onsite gym
- Child care
For any further enquiries please contact Alice Morgan 9076 4046 or 0447 331 668
Ad closing Friday the 16th of March, 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 02 Mar 2018, 6:03 AM