At Alfred Health we recognise the difficult transition from medical student to intern and provide dedicated support to help you through your first postgraduate year.
On commencement of your employment you will attend an orientation program designed to make your transition a smooth one. There are weekly intern meetings covering topics designed to help further your career and bridge the gap between learning and clinical practice.
On the wards your registrar and consultant will provide you with the necessary supervision. The Supervisor of Intern Training and Medical Education Officer are also available for career advice and assistance with any concerns you may have.
For further information that will assist you with the preparation and submission of your application, please visit www.doctors.alfred.org.au
To view our Intern Position Description, please Click Here
Applying for an intern position
To apply for an intern position you must register with PMVC and make a separate application to Alfred Health.
To make your application to Alfred Health, please click on the Apply button below. You will need to have the following files/information ready to upload:
- University degrees
- MBBS Clinical placements and electives
- Research / Presentations / Publications
- Academic history including prizes, awards and (if available) degree grades
- Extra curricular activities
- Employment history
- Reasons for applying to Alfred Health
- Particular skills and attributes you would bring to the position and how they relate to the skills and attributes of a good intern
- Long term professional goals
Copy of your Academic transcript (if available)
Contact details of a non clinical referee
Prior to completing your online application please ensure you have read all the relevant information to this position. Medical Careers 2010 information is available at www.doctors.alfred.org.au